Carey Chamber Member Honors Presents:
136 E Findlay St
Carey, Ohio 43316
Frederick’s IGA is the oldest family-owned business in Carey. Frank Frederick Sr. opened his first grocery store for business in June 1894. His grandson, Steve, now owns the grocery business.
Frank Sr. opened his grocery in a small feed store that his brother Adam owned. The store was located on Findlay Street where the American Legion currently stands. Three of Frank’s four sons worked with him at the store.
In 1921, Frank moved the grocery across the street to where the Carey Chamber office is now located.
The new building at the current location was opened in 1960 and underwent the first expansion in 1974. The latest edition was added in 1990.
Frederick’s IGA products include Famous Donuts and Fried Chicken from our Deli-Bakery. Fresh cut meat every day, in the store. Fresh made baked goods and deli items. Full line of grocery, dairy, and frozen foods. Complete line of fresh produce. Even their own brand of K-cups. Stop in today for all of your grocery needs.
*Information from the “Sesquicentennial Celebration Carey Ohio, 1858-2008” by Steve Zender